Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Spotlight! Continuing the Gyaru in lolita theme...

So, reflecting the previous Tuesday's theme today I'm focusing on a gyar's blog of all things! I'm going to keep this brief however, You don't read these and care enough to comment, I don't feel much like writing today. Not that I'm saying I wrote for the comment but it'd be nice to get some reader feedback after 67 watchers ( Thank you all so much btw!! <3 <3 <3 )

Ciramisu
So! Cirimisu is aimed at Gyaru fashionistas and does talk a little bit about the brands like liz lisa and such but the big thing I like it for is MAKEUP REVIEWS. Mostly of stuff I'd like to buy but most will not. There's  good tips and suggestions about various products and how to use/apply them. Usually they're f a foreign variety to the stuff you'd find in your local department store so mind that!

Apart from this there's also a good portion of articles about food, places of interest, more makeup and store guides for Japan. Be warned, this is an image heavy blog so if you have slow bandwith maybe avoid.

Aesthetically the blog is a little crowded, first due to the high amount of images and secondly to the amounts of gadgets on her side bar haha! chat logs and a comment box, followers, disclaimers, links to food and shopping sites and then some. Maybe It's just me but I prefer a cleaner look? A while ago I had the same side bar | Article | side bar layout but found it too cluttered so it's more a personal taste than a real criticism.

The only other thing that bothered me is the multi-lingual aspect. Lots of the entries have included english names, the pronunciation of the local word for it (like romanji) and then the actual word written in the origical characters. I like reading I really do and it's easy to skip over but THEY DISTRACT ME, NOOOO!

Overall.
A little convuluted both aesthetically and in content but it's easy to find relevant material to what you're after. Run over, take a look and see what you like. I'd especially like to highlight the entry which got me hooked in the first place. False lash care. Been looking for a guide to this for ages, I keep ruining mine, and this was a great foothold given I'd no clue where to start and find all the info in one place.

Also! Starting tomorrow I'll be doing the 30 day lolita challenge, which I'm sure most of you will have heard of. I'm not sure how often I'll be updating it but I'd like to get it over asap as I'm sure it will in fact bore you all to tears, more of a personal thing to me I guess.

Erg I'm too shy to post to DL lol!  ^^ Posted to DL, like a boss! first time ever, will get trolled. Wonder what people will think of my ugly mug on the net >:  Derp faces are derpy, couldn't use eyelashes due to my eye is doing some weird stuff atm >.< and  makeup just sucks anyways, i need to practice more!

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely dress! So frilly and beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you look SO adorable! I'm glad I found your blog (a few months ago...haha) and am starting to read it! It was nothing personal, the not posting comments thing, I was just never really on blogspot before these past couple days. But honest to goodness, you are just adorable, I wish I had your dress in red!

    ReplyDelete