Friday, July 27, 2012

Today was not a good day..

Good evening lovelies.
I hope your day has been/goes better than mine did today. I'm very sick right now and had to travel a long time on the train to get home and it didn't end well at all. I don't know why I'm really blogging this, I guess I just believe in venting to make thing feel beter, not to mention I'm stuck in my room trying to get better so there's not a lot to do.
Today I finally got funded some capital for my brand Kawaii lime designs, as well as heard from my manufactuer both I'm feeling very uncertain. Although KLD hasn't been up long I had been hoping for a bit more of a response, not a rush, but I do need to know if I should be looking at chiffon or cotton. Secondly the prices are looking to be much more than anticipated since most fashion designed on a smaller scale are based in a different state to me so shipping is higher. At the moment it looks like a skirt alone might be $150-$200 which is ridiculous for indie brands since that's what brand prices are, but I could only make it cheaper if more people ordered. It's a bit of a cruel cycle but it looks like I'll just be investing in a skirt for me *shrug*
I suppose that's technically ok but  I guess I just got mislead when there seemed sincere interested for my print ^^;; I was even looking into plus sizing so girls who don't fit brand can still have a cute pastel unicorn dress! I wasn't even making profit, just asking for what it takes to make these items because what's important to me isn't the moolah, just knowing out there people would be wearing something that meant a lot to me that they also loved.
But that's the dream isn't it? Today has just been a very bad day I think so maybe it will be better in the morning.
I also found, and sorry for being late on the bandwagon, the blog Pastel Raindrops. It's very cute and is one of those blogs that seem to be very into OTT sweet with the purple/pink/mint/lavednder combo that seems to be trending. The blog writer also seems to be an amazing artist so I hope you all enjoy it too. {/endplug}
Everybody else, please have a good day! If anyone is still interested in my skirt and its creation I'll still be updating it here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm sorry you're not doing well and may be giving up on selling your skirt. I love your design since I'm always looking for pretty new carousels to add to my collection, and if you tweaked the design to be a bit more versatile (could maybe go for either classic or sweet instead of straight up OTT Sweet), perhaps that would garner a bit more attention. Anyway, I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up hope, it's not easy to start something, the designs are really lovely! just keep going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! After I posted this I felt really bad so I ended up putting my foot down and going even harder at it. I'm still struggling a little but I'm in contact with other lolita designers who are helping me get more on track and are very supportive so it may be a go ahead anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear it! I hope you'll continue to post your future work on your blog, I'd love to keep seeing them even if it isn't practical to make garments out of them :)

    ReplyDelete