Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pinky Paradise Circle lense review: Twilight blue, dolly brown & fairy violet

Hello lovelies!

Today I'm going to review the circle lenses I ordered a few weeks ago. As always I encourage people to always see their optometrist before getting lenses (especially those who have never done so before) and always, ALWAYS remove/dispose of lenses that make your eyes itch, irritable, red or uncomfortable after more than 2 hours use. Keep 'em clean, don't go past expiry dates and remember to store them properly. Disclaimer out the way, let's look at the purchase!

 
EOS fairy violet
Vassen dolly plus Brown
Princess Pinky twilight blue
Dolly wink lashes
Multipurpose solution (if you've never bought lenses before I suggest getting this)

 Just to give you all idea of what we're staring with, these are my natural eyes.
Dark, dark brown!
EOS FAIRY VIOLET
I think I had a mix up here because I thought I was buying the Vassen cloud 9 violet series, but in a case of 'forgetting what I ordered' this was not so. I bought these on a whim as I l-o-v-e anime-ish eye colours like violet and strawberry pink and I wanted something that really stood out. Thankfully, despite my mix up, these do just that!  

14.5mm, you can see the colour stands out & enlarges

The lenses themselves are comfortable, after initial few minutes of that queer 'there's something in my eye' feeling. Most noticable in natural light however still noticable indoors, just darker in colour. You can see the image below for an idea of what these look like in a natural light source. They're EOS, an already well known and reliable brand, so there wasn't much to say. Although these lenses do not have a review on Pinky paradise the stock images do them justice in a natural light source. These images do not portray quiet how vibrant these lenses are in reality. I would suggest them for an anime or sweet doll look as the vibrancy may stand out too much with just a day to day wear, unless you like people always wow'ing at your eyes.

The pattern is smooth and surprisingly natural looking and fully covers the iris while leaving the pupil fully revealed.

Final thoughts: Vibrant, EOS = reliable, Not for everyday wear, comfortable
Natural lighting.

Vassen dolly plus Brown
When I bought these I was hoping for an enlarged (14.5mm) chocolate brown to lighten my eyes while still looking more natural, something to wear around on the days I'm sick of glasses but dont' want bright blue or purple. The stock images for this aren't quiet true to colour, with mine appearing more orange-brown than true chocolate brown. I was also a little unsure going with a brand other than well known medical ones such as GEO and EOS. After resolving that I wouldn't be to upset if I wasted the cash if they were too much of a risk (throw away $30 lenses or risk eye damage..yeah no brainer there) I went ahead. Unfortunately I only got the one shot of me wearing them, sorry!


These lenses were actually easier and more comfortable to put in than the EOS ones. You can see that the further away stock image appears a little more correct than the close up but overall different. Not that there's anything WRONG with what I got they're just...like i said, more orange; it's more obvious face to face as well. However, despite the colour difference and being only 14.5mm they sure do look larger than life. I wore them for over 8 hours and had no issues with them, I'll be considering Vassen lenses from now on along with GEO and EOS.
Final thoughts: Comfortable, naturally unnatural, enlarging, subtle yet has pazow!

Princess pinky twilight blue
I was sold on these lenses when I saw the colour and I HAD. TO. HAVE. THEM. They're without a doubt my favourite lenses. The colour is amazing and they give my face a whole new look, I know that sounds weird but as someone who's had dark brown eyes all her life having suddenly bright blue eye is like looking at a whole new person, especially when I'm wearing a blonde or pink wig.  The comfort level leaves a bit to be desired,they take longer than normal to settle and also moved around a lot at first which made me super nervous. Leaves my eyes feeling dry after long wear, would suggest for more than 8-10 hours. Always make sure to give eyes a rest for the following 24 hours and use aeye drops if required.

14.5mm, indoor lighting
 
The stock image, on my screen anyways, made these seem more pale than they are but as you can tell, they're bright sky blue. There's a lot of reviews up on the website including more pictures from others including those with a lighter hue to their eyes. Not for everyday use, way too obvious and flashy but great for photoshoots and special meets. I've never heard of this brand before and unlike Vassen it is not available anywhere else so I was highly weary of it. I would not buy from this brand again unless, once again, they came up with a truly spectacular design. The pattern is sort of pixelated.
Final thoughts: Super bright, take cautionary measures, not for everyday use.

And that covers this review! I hope it helped a few of you, 'scuse my derp faces in most of the photos! I love wearing contact lenses, even if I have to wear glasses. I encourage anyone interested in wearing them to do some extensive research and be aware of the care involved.

Peace!

3 comments:

  1. Super Sweet Review !! I love the post ! Because they are so many cosplay looking lenses in one ! I was thinking about buying the PinkyPrincess lenses ,but still don't know if I should chose blue or green. :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister actually bought the green ones! They're super sweet looking green and just as bright as the blue. I want a more emerld green than what they are but they'd be great a anyone who does want bright green anime eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Nice post, thanks for sharing it here!

    I happen to stumbled upon your blog and just want to express that i truly like the way you present your blog post.

    I really enjoy browsing your blog.

    I can see that your blog post is mostly about beauty & Fashion stuff.

    In case you need additional beauty ideas that enhance your eyes, making them brilliantly bright and beautiful, you may want to check out www.contactlensxchange.com for more exciting brand colored circle lenses.

    Enjoy and stay pretty :)

    cayumi

    ReplyDelete